[Board] Board to pay for FOSS4G 2009 code sprint?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 11:38:33 PST 2008

OSGeo board,

A while back, Paul Ramsey suggested that the code sprint following
FOSS4G should be budgeted separately to the main FOSS4G conference.

This means that FOSS4G attendees will not be subsidising the code
sprint, and we will be able to reduce the cost of FOSS4G.

Can I please have confirmation from the board that the board will take
responsibility for financing the OSGeo Code sprint (probably by finding
sponsors). I'm expecting costs to be in the order of $10K to $20K.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect

Think Globally, Fix Locally