[Board] Re: Board to pay for FOSS4G 2009 code sprint?

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Nov 27 11:13:42 PST 2008

I also think it important to remain coupled to FOSS4G, but let the
budget float depending on sponsors for that part.

Worst case you need a room with wifi.  As you get more money, maybe
have chairs, tables and power bars ;) .  Food is nice, but I think
coders need fresh air too and going out for lunch is a good excuse
especially if a budget remains tight.

 From my perspective the main drawing card is being with others from
a project team - that could be several small groups meeting in a few
hotel rooms - or a handful of people monopolising an internet cafe.
Heck, upgrading a few project leader's hotel rooms to nice sized
suites could very well end up cheaper than renting some special
ballroom - and comes with a sofa. :)

Tyler