[Board] In-kind sponsorships

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Oct 22 10:45:14 PDT 2008

I was asked by a potential sponsor if we would be able to designate
them as a sponsor without paying for a sponsorship position.
Instead, they were hoping to spend significant staff time working
with OSGeo committees or helping organise some local events - and
were hoping for recognition of their efforts.

I explained that there is no current way to handle these kinds of "in-
kind" contributions and that many other people and companies would
also fall under this category.  If we went this route we could
potentially stand to lose a lot of the funding we need to cover our
real costs.  I promised to discuss it further with the board, so here
I am...

Tyler