[Board] Funny how the world looks different outside the board ...

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Sep 1 19:47:04 PDT 2008

Hi - I will work on it tomorrow - today was a civic holiday.  The
other big thing on my plate is helping organise several FOSS4G
aspects.  Anyone else want to help with organising the Annual General
Meeting?  Or deliver an OSGeo intro presentation or do the initial
Welcome message from OSGeo?

Tyler

On 1-Sep-08, at 12:14 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Hi Board,
>
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
> <tmitchell at osgeo.org> wrote:
>> I started a simple press release here:
>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Press_Release_Board_2008
>>
>> Todo:  Add a few details about the new directors, Ari and Howard.
>> Consider
>> a short sentence for each director too?  This may be the first
>> time some
>> readers will ever have been introduced to an OSGeo board, might as
>> well
>> impress them with the caliber of people involved!
>>
>> Most of the press release "process" can fall into our simpler news
>> item
>> methods.  Much of the press release process was to help guide the
>> marketing
>> committee and others outside of the board who wanted to make
>> releases.
>>  Since it hasn't been used much at all, maybe twice, then I
>> suggest we
>> handle this on the board list and then let me go through posting
>> the release
>> itself.  That is, bypass Marketing and Legal review, while at the
>> same time
>> we push it out through normal news channels.
>>
>> Tyler
>
> will the press release be launched today?
>
> Markus

Tyler Mitchell
Executive Director
Open Source Geospatial Foundation