[Board] Motion: Accept PostGIS into Incubation

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) arnulf at osgeo.org
Sun Aug 16 05:19:12 PDT 2009

Folks,
PostGIS has been approved by the board for Incubation at the last meeting.
As we did not have quorum at the meeting the votes were done via mailing
list: http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2009-August/002987.html

This makes PostGIS an official OSGeo Project in Incubation.

WebCom,
can you please add the link http://www.postgis.org/ to the front page. I
am unsure whether PostGIS fits into any existing category - maybe
"Geospatial Libraries". If you think we need another category, go ahead. I
have filed at ticket, funny that it is 404:
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/404

PostGIS Users,
this is just for your information. PostGIS is now officially starting
OSGeo Incubation, you can follow the process here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/PostGIS_Incubation_Status

If you are interested to learn more about the Incubation process you can
check it out here:
http://www.osgeo.org/incubator

Best regards,
Arnulf Christl.