[Board] Status update

Arnulf Christl arnulf at osgeo.org
Thu Dec 3 01:08:03 PST 2009

Folks,
just a quick reminder that we will meet 2009-12-02 tonight / morning.
Please check the Agenda at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2009-12-03#Agenda

One item is "update from each director". We would like to make this
report a regular item for the meetings. Additionally we want to make
room for a short report from a committee chair / OSGeo officer. Just
make people feel comfortable to come up with unresolved issues and ideas
from their committees. Will need to spread this new idea beyond the
reach of this list but before that lets have a quick chat about whether
this makes sense at all.

Tyler,
thanks for the up front details.

Best regards,
Arnulf.

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> Hi all,
> A few of the things I'm working on:
> 1 - Sponsorship: Please provide any recommendations for potential sponsors
> that I should follow up with.  I will also brainstorm my own.  I'm preparing a
> press release about our latest new sponsor, this will be our public
> announcement.
> 2 - Finance: Continuing financial updates, reporting and account management.
> Working on insurance glitch.  Followed up with IRS re: tax exempt status.
> Preparing GDAL sponsorship renewals.  Coordinating MapGuide sponsorship
> programme.
> 3 - Event: Preparing for talk at http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm09/ event, San
> Francisco.  Upwards of 14,000 in attendance at this event.  Presenting an
> update talk to Autodesk while in the area and also meeting with several other
> California local folks.
> 4 - Marketing: wrapping up delivery of electronic templates, then syncing with
> online access through our website.
> 5 - Event: Input into FOSS4G as required.  Awaiting budget for board approval.
> 6 - Journal: Helping coordinate next Journal issue - aiming for end of year.
> Lots of great help from Landon Blake and other volunteer reviewers and
> editors.
> 7 - Systems: committee is reviewing some quotes for hardware, along with
> hosting at http://osuosl.org.  Should help save some $ over the next year if
> we go this route.
> 8 - Face to face meeting - I suggest meeting at as central a location as
> possible, to reduce the overall amount of travel.  If you'd like me to look
> into options, let me know.
>
> I'm putting sponsorship as #1 as per Arnulf's request.
> Anything missing or confusing?  We can discuss during the meeting or via email
> sooner if you like.
>
> Talk to you soon,
> Tyler

Arnulf Christl