[Board] Fwd: [Foss4g2010] subscriptions

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Nov 27 12:22:30 PST 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Lorenzo Becchi <lorenzo at ominiverdi.com> wrote:
> I don't know why there is all this interest now about prices when you have
> been approving this budget with same prices one year ago. I've heard no
> comments at that time.

And further, going back to the original bid budget, I find the
proposed values don't match the ones in the wiki.

Bid early full registration: $415 + $195 = $610 / 1.5 = 406EUR
Bid late full registration: $493 + $234 = $727 / 1.5 = 485EUR

Wiki early full registration: 350EUR, 14% reduction
Wiki late full registration: 415EUR, 14% reduction

At the time of the bid (Dec 2008) the exchange rate was 1.25 so the
differences were even larger.

Clearly something has changed since the bid, and I don't think it's
unreasonable to ask to see a budget in Euros in a spreadsheet form
where it can be easily reviewed and scenarios checked before putting
out prices publicly, which are difficult to alter after-the-fact.

P.