[Board] Board meeting in Syndey?

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Oct 2 11:37:59 PDT 2009

Thanks Cameron, we're still debating at how/when/where for the meeting...

Jeff brought up the idea meeting at the code sprint actually, maybe we can
talk an hour or so out of sprinting to have a meeting - or meet during the
lunch time or similar.  Then we wouldn't need to change venue, etc.

Is that what you were thinking Jeff?  Of course we could meet at the FOSS4G
venue during the event sometime too, like at lunch or dinner.  Or zip over
to Lisasoft during the week sometime so others can skype in to the chat.

Here is who I think is attending FOSS4G and may be available for the
meeting:

* Attending: Tyler, Jeff, Arnulf, Geoff, Ravi (no quorum)
* Not attending: Bob, Ari, Chris, Markus, Frank

I would find it valuable to have any of the 'outgoing' directors attend if
they are available too, e.g. Jeroen and Paul.

"Cameron Shorter" <cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com> wrote:
> Do you realise the code sprint is on Saturday? I assume half the board
> will be at the code sprint.
> Saturday won't work because we won't have employees around to open the
> office for you.
>
> You could sit ourside our office (which is on a wharf) and make use of
> our wireless. I suspect the cafe a few doors down would still be able to
> see our wireless.
>
> Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
>> Thanks a lot Cameron - looks like we'll have it another day now since
>> Monday won't work for Jeff (and maybe others).  Would the room be
>> available the following Saturday?
>>
>> Cameron Shorter wrote:
>>
>>> Tyler,
>>> LISAsoft have meeting rooms that the board can use on Monday, and we
>>> are only 5 to 10 minutes walk from the conference center.
>>>
>>> We have a couple of rooms that fit 4 to 6 people and is almost always
>>> free.
>>> Also have a bigger meeting room, but that might be in use and I'd and
>>> I'd need to negotiate for its use.
>>>
>>> All rooms have broadband, a computer and a phone.
>>> We also have wireless access.
>>>

>>> I suggest meeting on Monday 19 October, in the afternoon so that:
>>> 1. Tyler can coordinate the Bag packing which is happening Monday
>>> morning (the bag packing room is being set up for workshops Monday