[Board] Google Summer of Code Mentor Summit

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Sep 7 06:37:02 PDT 2009

Howard Butler wrote:

> On Sep 5, 2009, at 5:03 AM, Wolf Bergenheim wrote:
>> Would it be
>> possible to use part of the GSoC money ($10000) to help cover the rest
>> of the expenses in order to get both me and Hamish to the Mentor
>> Summit. I expect the other expenses to be around $2000 all in all.
>
> I think this is completely reasonable.  Can someone with budgetary
> discretion power (especially considering the source of the funds)
> approve this, or must we all +1 it via email to ensure it happens?

Wolf,

I am supportive of spending on the order of $2000 to assist you and
Hamish to attend the Mentor Summit.

If there is no objection from any board member on this list by
Wednesday morning, consider permission granted by me as Treasurer.

I do feel we need to wait to Wednesday morning (your time) to give
board members a reasonable chance to raise objections.

For next years budget we should include some money in the budget
for the SoC program (shirts, travel).  I'll try to keep this in mind.