[Board] Support needed for FOSS SDI and it's viability

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Sat Aug 7 10:16:15 PDT 2010

Ravi-

   In my opinion, this is classic FUD - spreading Fear, Uncertainty and
Doubt amongst decision makers who are not able to discern the technical
details on their own. I am sorry to read this, although I am not
completely shocked that it exists..

   Unfortunately, there is a layer of FOSS adoption that is not
addressed by pure technical merit - that is making clear, credible and
understandable presentations to sophisticated, but not developer,
audiences. Whole companies in the commercial world include internal
branches that can make these presentations, in addition to developers,
leadership and finance. As a technical community, it seems OSGeo is
left dependent on others to make their case, or not.

   all for now
    -Brian

==
Brian Hamlin