[Board] OSGL-Nottingham Univ MoU

Ravi ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 2 07:19:10 PDT 2010

Hi,
MoU: Many of the Institutes who wish to formalise relations with OSGeo might want to have an MoU. An MoU need not be seen as some thing that can tie us down, but as a formal agreement. The concerned institute can show this to their peers or what ever, to drive down a point, that there is a formal agreement.

Further,  we can have these points also.
1. OSGeo (OSGeo-UK too)benefits from partnering with Nottingham Univ. Then, What is it that they wish to have through Mou.
   a. Internships
   b. OSGeo's seal of approval
   c. OSGeo's expertise etc
2. To what extent can we put this forward, may be with the help of some possible commitments, that the Board may wish to know.
3. Other than with OGC do we have any such agreements ?
4. In case this MoU is signed, do we expect similar MoUs.
5. The down side: Is there anything to loose ?

6. If the board agrees: We can ask them to send a draft of the MoU, for consideration.

Ravi