[Board] AGM 2010 at Bacelonna ?

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sun Jul 25 17:26:21 PDT 2010

Tyler Mitchell wrote:
>  > >> I've just got word back from the FOSS4G local committee, the
>  > OSGeo AGM
>  > >> is scheduled for 7 September at the end of the day's program,
>  > and will
>  > >> be 1 hour long.
> ..
>  > the possibility to extend the session exists (as it is at the
>  > end of the
>  > day).
>
> Looks like the BOFs are being held up by the AGM, so an extension would
> really affect them.  Is that correct?

It's a possibility yes.

In any case I hope that OSGeo puts more of a priority on the AGM each
year, it frustrates me that if it wasn't for Yves asking we wouldn't
even be talking about this now.  To me it's one of the most important
parts of OSGeo (actually meeting face to face with the membership and
providing a forum) and we should have someone dedicated to organizing it
each year.

-jeff