[Board] Re: Fwd: Participation of OSGeo International in Map World Forum 2011

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at metaspatial.net
Wed Jun 2 07:45:54 PDT 2010

Dear Prasad,
I am sorry for not having answered earlier. My mail provider has a
technical issue with the address arnulf at osgeo.org which causes mails to
not be delivered. We are working on this. This is also the reason why I
am writing from this account.

I will bring your suggestion to contact Local Chapters prior to direct
involvement of OSGeo to the attention of the Board of Directors again at
our regular meeting tomorrow. But rest assured that this is already
normal practice. There is no reason at all for OSGeo "International" to
meddle or even compete with any internals of Local Chapters.

With respect to your other suggestion:

Dear Tyler and Arnulf
.This is with regard to the MWF 2011. The executive committee  of Osgeo
India has warmly welcomed  your suggestion to  the Board on partnering
the country chapter at the MWF2011.Perhaps, the country Representative
may on the technical committee. Also ,since a very substantial capacity
buiding on osgeo has been done at several  locations in the country,
three to four  talks of say, 20 minutes each  may also be scheduled in
the programme of MWF2011. If such a course warrants  Osgeo India to be a
co-organizer , Osgeo India will be happy to do so by providing from its
 frugal  financial resources.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Prasad
> -------- End forwarded message -------

Let me again express my apologies for not having contacted OSGeo India
prior to approving the involvement of OSGeo with Map World Forum 2011. I
hope that you understand that to me the Map World Forum seemed to be
aimed at a global audience, thus I did not recognize the need to talk
with OSGeo India.

Now that we have cleared this situation I suggest that OSGeo India take
on the organization altogether. As a Local Chapter OSGeo India can act
completely on their own. Feel free to invite me or any other
representative from OSGeo International to the conference if you deem
this sensible and helpful. OSGeo International will be happy to support
promortion of the events through regular channels as news items and a
press release if so desired.

Please let me know until tomorrow whether this is a good path to follow
so that I can inform the board.

Best regards,
Arnulf Christl.

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> [...]