[Board] Potential Vietnam Chapter

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Mar 5 17:59:17 PST 2010

Thanks Jeff,

I hope you can discuss how specifically OSGeo can be more used within
their country's mandate to adopt FOSS.  Did you read about the lofty
targets they set for their IT infrastructure specifically, and other
related areas generally.

My hopes in this area are to be able to see if a) some funded events
could be arranged to help bring in educator/teachers/consultants to help
see OSGeo apps used more broadly and b) to feel out the potential and
benefit of having Vietnamese organisations sponsor OSGeo.  I know that
sponsorship from there might be a stretch, but these are the two
perspectives I'm approaching every event with in mind, regardless of locale.

Best wishes on the meeting,
Tyler