[Board] Insurance Summary

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu May 6 07:50:29 PDT 2010

I've secured two solid quotes for both General Liability and Director &
Officers policies.  I'm summarising them here in case anyone has input.
  Please note that the costs are likely the lowest possible and took a
lot of effort to get (several companies declined to quote us) so I don't
see that we have much flexibility to modify these.  We were able to keep
under the $5,000 limit that I had thought we'd breach.

Total: $4,311 for both policies.

For overviews of these types of insurance in general, see the attached PDFs.

== Directors & Officers ==

Also known as D&O coverage, this insurance protects board members, the
corporation, its employees and volunteers, for types of claims that are
not covered by general liability and professional liability. These
claims include wrongful termination, discrimination, sexual
harassment, and failure to promote.

Specifics:
* Annual premium: $1,311
* Libability coverage (each claim): $1,000,000
* Employment practices liability included
* Defense costs would be provided in addition to the limit of liability

== International Commercial / General Liability ==

* Annual premium: $3,000
* Includes additional coverages for automobile bodily injury/property
damage, employers responsibility coverages (some medical/injury related
items) and kidnap & extortion
* Covers all employees, directors, officers and volunteers
internationally (limits on some countries for the kidnap/extortion policy)

Limits of Liability Description
     $1,000,000      Per Occurrence
     $2,000,000      Annual Aggregate, Products/ Completed Operations
     $1,000,000      Premises Damage Limit
     $1,000,000      Personal And Advertising Injury Annual Aggregate
        $10,000      Medical Expense Each Claim
Not Applicable      Deductible / Claim
     $1,000,000      Employee Benefits Liability Limit, Each Claim
     $1,000,000      Employee Benefits Liability Annual Aggregate
         $1,000      Employee Benefits Liability Deductible / Claim
     $1,000,000      Automobile bodily injury/property damage