[Board] Sponsorship program ideas

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat May 29 07:19:07 PDT 2010

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> So, to sum up.  What do you think of using some of our FOSS4G resources (now
> or in the future) as a perk for enticing new sponsors?  I'm thinking of the
> $10k level and up only since it would only be a few hundred dollars required
> to deliver.  In some cases, like conference passes, there is always a
> likelihood that some sponsors might not even use them.

Tyler,

I think we need to make a better effort to mention our sponsors in materials
at our booth whenever we have the booth setup, not just at FOSS4G.  So, yes,
I support this.

I also think throwing in FOSS4G passes for sponsors is a fine idea, and there
is no reason not to add this soon - assuming their is no negative feedback
from the board on it.

I would note it is better to have these passes "comped" by FOSS4G rather
than us actually buying them to avoid paying out extra taxes and other fees.