[Board] Support Letter Process .. (Was Fwd: An e-Learning Framework for Using Geospatial Open Data, Open Source and Open Standards (ELO-Geo))

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Nov 12 09:16:45 PST 2010

On November 10, 2010 02:22:48 pm Seven (aka Arnulf) wrote:
> On 11/10/2010 08:22 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> > Hi Tyler,
> >
> > I am +1 on providing this letter of support.
>
> Tyler,
> another +1 to go ahead. I suggest to allow board members to pipe in if
> there are issues until the end of the week and then go ahead even if we
> do not have a majority of the board responding. We are sometimes so busy
> with other things that these formalities get deferred forever. I would
> also suggest to allow Tyler to go ahead, especially since we already
> have an MoU with the concerned organization in place. From this
> perspective having this kind of formal agreement now makes a lot of
> sense to me.

Okay, thanks.  I've started a new page (couldn't find an old one) and started
by adding this letter to it.  I've also sent a copy to Suchith to use now.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Letters_of_Support#List_of_Letters

We're in no rush to ratify my suggested changes to
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Protocol_for_requesting_letter_of_support

...so I'll leave that open for more comment from others.  Also, just changing
the subject so it looks more important to those who haven't commented ;-)
(See the "e-Learning Framework thread if you missed the discussion)