[Board] Votes required from all directors

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Nov 29 15:01:44 PST 2010

Thanks folks - all have voted, I appreciate the attention to getting over this
formal bump in the road.

I just realised after talking with Markus that until we do this formal last
step to confirm the motions we should not do any announcements - in IRC or
otherwise.  Fortunately it worked out fine, but conceivably someone could have
voted against any item and held it up for further discussion and votes.

Usually we confirm all our votes immediately via voice at the end of the board
meeting, but Skype failed us miserably last time and it was decided to push it
to the slower and more akward email style vote - which required unanimous
support.

So, it's a bit of an unique situation yet all worked out fine in the end.
Thanks again,
Tyler

On November 29, 2010 10:08:30 am christopher.schmidt at nokia.com wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2010, at 11:56 AM, ext Markus Neteler wrote:
> > # '''MOTION:''' FrankW motions to adopt the minutes of 2010-10-14.
> > Arnulf seconded. All were in favour.
> >
> > +1
>
> +1
>
> > # '''MOTION:''' FrankW motions to accept GeoMajas as a full OSGeo
> > project, accepting that it has completed the incubation process, and
> > appointing Pieter De Graef as liason / VP GeoMajas. Arnulf seconded.
> > All were in favour.
>
> +1
>
> > +1 (I am a bit unhappy about the apparent possibility that the code
> > can be changed to a non-free license but too late)
> >
> > # '''MOTION:''' FrankW motions to nominate Arnulf and Ari (if he is
> > willing) to represent the board. Tim seconded, Arnulf abstained, all
> > were in favour.
>
> +1
>
> -- Chris
>
> > +1

Tyler Mitchell
Executive Director, OSGeo
tmitchell at osgeo.org
+1-250-303-1831
See you at FOSS4 2011 Denver in September!