[Board] FOSS4G 2011 LOC Meeting

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Oct 19 16:23:10 PDT 2010

I was able to participate in the Local Organising Committee meeting earlier
today and it went really well.  Jeff had some connection problems but I tried
to keep him up to date via text chat.  I was able to help answer several
questions and agreed to work with others on the committee to look at potential
sponsorship opportunities.

I'm not sure if Jeff was going to cover this with the board, but the LOC chair
had to change due to personal time constraints, so Peter Batty was confirmed as
replacing him.  I have no doubt Peter will do an excellent job especially with
the support of GITA and the rest of the LOC.

I'm not sure if the Board needs to do anything to acknowledge this change, so
I thought I'd mention it.

There are a few aims for the committee over the upcoming weeks: logo
finalisation and sponsorship/exhibitor prospectus in particular.  More after
that time.

Best wishes,
Tyler

Tyler Mitchell
Executive Director, OSGeo
tmitchell at osgeo.org
+1-250-303-1831
See you at FOSS4 2011 Denver in September!