[Board] Board Policies: Conflicts of Interest

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 26 09:18:21 PDT 2010

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> Speaking of board policies, I'm not sure if the new directors were
>> introduced to our policy on conflicts of interest.  It is at:
>>
>>   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conflict_Of_Interest_Policy
>>

> I just read it for the first time. Should I send a signed copy to Tyler?
> If not then what is the process?

Daniel,

I have no idea where the signature portion came from - I don't recall any of
us ever signing such a document nor does the policy itself indicate that
we should be doing so.

I believe we are all just supposed to be aware of it and adhere to it.

I see Tyler prepared the original draft of the policy.  Tyler, any
recollection on this?  If not, I'd be willing to propose an ammendment
to the document for our next board meeting to remove all the signature
stuff.