[Board] Charter Member Nominations

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 28 08:58:26 PDT 2010

Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> On 2010-10-28, at 5:45 AM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
>
>> On 2010/10/28 18:18, Seven (aka Arnulf) wrote:

>>> who are moved to inactive for not voting in the past three years. This
>>> sounds like a good idea. Tyler, can you please provide numbers to this?
>> I have been trying to request info about the same (retiring charter members) but no response thus far. This info should be released
>> before we vote for new charter members.
>
> Working on it.  And FYI from bylaws:
>
> "
> Section 7.7 Automatic Termination. Members shall have their membership status automatically terminated and their names removed by the Secretary of the corporation from all membership records of the corporation if they fail to participate, either in person or by proxy, in three (3) consecutive meetings of the members of the corporation, held electronically or otherwise.
> "
>
> That's all I could find about this topic.  So I'm gathering the past three years (not including this year) of voting records, and two rounds of voting therein (board vote and member vote).
>
> Though note that this bylaw refers to an annual meeting and not specifically voting for new members.   Is this "automatic termination" clause from the bylaws people are referring too?

Tyler,

There was significant discussion of this topic on the discuss list
a few months ago.  The Bylaws are stock material.  The board decided
a few years ago to interpret this as dropping charter members who have
not participated in either the charter or board elections for three
consecutive years.  Let me know if you would like me to dig back for
specifics on this policy.