[Board] Charter Member Nominations

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 28 10:07:28 PDT 2010

Tyler Mitchell wrote:
>> Some scenarios to consider:  what happens when someone fails to vote on a charter election, but votes on a board election (or vice-versa)?  I'd say that's active for that year.  If that's the case I'd bet we won't have almost any retirements.
>
> Over the past couple years I've also received a few late votes that weren't included in the scoring, but were they an inactive voter?_______________________________________________

Tyler,

I believe we should err on the side of inclusiveness.  Any reasonable
effort to participate in the elections should be treated as activity.

The goal isn't to toss people out, but just to drop people who have no
interest in involvement anymore.

I would add that we should try and make a special effort to confirm our
contact information for charter members who have been inactive for a couple
years.  I would hate to lose them just because we hadn't kept up with a
change of email address.