[Board] Open Source and Open Standards White Paper

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Wed Apr 13 12:02:33 PDT 2011

Folks,
as discussed on IRC we have further developed the article on Open Source
and Open Standards:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Talk:Open_Source_and_Open_Standards

It would be great if you could give it a pass and maybe hit edit and add
a comma, fix a typo or change wording that you think needs a change (if
only to indicate that you have read it - please... :-). For the official
public text we might not need the introduction naming Carl and me as
authors and the mentioned texts. I would be happy if it just said the
OGC and OSGeo Foundation did this collaboratively.

If you are fine with it please indicate that you will support a motion
along this line:

"I (Arnulf) motion to accept the text on "Open Source and Open
Standards" Version 1.0 as a White Paper to be published jointly with the
OGC. I recommend to revisit this document in a yearly manner and update
as seen needed. "

Ideally we could get replies and edits from board members until the end
of the week, so that we can vote on this motion over the weekend and be
done with it beginning of next week.

No harm if you vote a -1 immediately, just indicate what it is that
makes you think we should not go ahead.

Thanks for your contribution.

Have fun,
Arnulf.