[Board] New MOUs in draft ...

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Aug 4 11:49:50 PDT 2011

It's great to see the interest of these two new groups, I very much
welcome that. However, for someone who doesn't know them it's a bit hard
to picture what those MOU's will mean in practice.

I see in both cases that the plan is to establish Open Source Geospatial
Laboratories (OSGL)... perhaps as a starting point if we knew more about
what an OSGL does in practice that might help? I guess that would mean
getting students to work on or using OSGeo software? What else?

These may sound like trivial questions to those involved in the process,
but I'm sure many observers share the same questions, and more.

Daniel

On 11-08-03 03:10 PM, Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> As mentioned earlier, I have two new MOUs in the works, mostly based on the Nottingham MOU but tweaked to reflect their local ideas.  I can talk about them further at the meeting tomorrow, or answer questions here, but would like some agreement to sign off on these.  Both organisations and individuals involved are very excited about getting these set up with OSGeo.
>
> * SIGTE, UoGirona: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Draft_MOU_SIGTE  (working with Lluis Vicens)
> * ICA open source working group: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Draft_MOU_ICA (working with Suchith Anand&  ICA President Professor Georg Gartner)

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/