[Board] Use of online form for Board Election Votes

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Aug 8 11:27:11 PDT 2011

I can't speak for the benefits of surveymonkey.com vs google in our
infrastructure, but with respect to "the next poll", for sure if we use
this for the board election and it is a success then the thinking was to
use the exact same thing for the charter member election later in the
fall (I would not switch to a new system for this year).

Another important point that I failed to mention is that in order to
protect the vote results and ensure that they remain anonymous, the
survey would be deleted shortly after the election is done.

Daniel

On 11-08-08 02:09 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> I would recommend using a Google form (votes are automatically filed in
> a shared Google Docs spreadsheet, with stats visible etc). I find it
> much more tied into our infrastructure (since we all use google docs
> already) than external ones like surveymonkey.
>
> However it sounds like you are way past that, so I'd ask that we use
> this for the next poll. Ping me if you are interested.
>
> -jeff
>

> On 11-08-08 3:00 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
>> Hi Board,
>>
>> Tyler suggested using a web form to collect the board election votes for
>> this election. One of the key benefit is that this form would also serve
>> to collect updated charter member contact information. With 100 charter
>> members, automating this process as much as possible can save lots of
>> time.
>>
>> We have the form setup on surveymonkey.com, it is private and very clear
>> in my opinion, each charter member would receive a personal email with
>> their own private link to vote. I think it would be a great way to go.
>> For this election we would also keep the ability to vote via email (the
>> old way), so charter members would have two options for voting: the web
>> form or email.
>>
>> Does anyone see a problem with this approach?
>>
>> If there are no objections from board members in the next 2 days then we
>> will go ahead for the vote that is due to start on Thursday with two
>> options for voting: web form or email.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/