[Board] September meeting

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 29 15:25:33 PDT 2011

> I was under the assumption that the September meeting would be the planned face-to-face in Denver on the Sunday after the event (18th Sept); however it seems that some members assumed that we would be having our IRC meeting as usual this Thursday.  Can someone clarify?

Jeff's question sparked a few things for me...

1. I thought it was agreed, at the end of the voice call last month, to have one this week.  But maybe I misheard.  I haven't heard from Arnulf on it, though I set up a wiki page for the meeting.  http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2011-09-01

2. If there is going to be a call this week, I suggest making it a voice call (I can conference in everyone).  While the IRC chats are good for blasting through items, the voice calls are more personal and might help facilitate discussion more.  Just a hunch, could be wrong.

3. I also hope outgoing directors will be able to attend the board meeting after FOSS4G.  Whether technically they are on the board or not is another matter, I hope no one runs away too fast :)

4. Who is going to be attending the face-to-face (aka F2F) meeting after FOSS4G?  I suggest conferencing in those who can't make it, for at least part of the meeting.  Was a wiki page started for the agenda at this meeting?  I'm wiki search impaired for some reason...

Tyler

p.s. All new directors are now signed up to this (public) Board list.