[Board] Funding for IslandWood sprint?

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Wed Aug 31 20:22:25 PDT 2011

My ideal would be that we would have a conference (or more) that
generated enough revenue to put money toward development.  I'd be
happy if the foundation were mainly about that.  Conference generates
revenue.  Funds go do support the software projects.

My opinion is that the developers already "donate" a ton of time and
energy to the projects, and if they have to pay to attend a sprint
(where they contribute even more), it doesn't make sense to me that
their payment goes toward supporting the foundation.  This feels
completely backwards to me.

Tim

Tim Schaub
OpenGeo http://opengeo.org/