[Board] Support from Charter

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Dec 19 15:33:48 PST 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Ravi Kumar <ravivundavalli48 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Board,
> a few points for consideration.
>
>  The charter members, are a learned lot and the OSGeo can benefit from their
> collective wisdom

I fully agree that some more (charter) membership participation should
be achieved in 2012 - in a structured way. I suppose that we can learn
from other likeminded foundations to implement some more possibilities
to place a vote.

While
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_charter_member_page_instruction
is yet mentioning the official two ways of voting, there may be more.

If I interprete Ravi's opinion correctly, also some opinion collecting/voting
on how OSGeo's budget is spent should be possible. This will be
a process for this foundation, but an important one.

Best,
Markus