[Board] Director elections

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Fri Jul 1 02:25:05 PDT 2011

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Board,
>
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 8:24 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
>> On 11-06-14 12:23 PM, Tyler Mitchell wrote:
>>> In lead up to upcoming director elections, we need to identify which
>>> directors need to stand for re-election (if you haven't been re-elected in
>>> the past two years, I'll have to dig this up) and which ones plan to step
>>> down.  This lets us know how many open seats we'll have.
>>>
>>> Please let me know if you plan to continue as a director or plan to step
>>> down this year.
>> Tyler,
>>
>> The board wiki page makes this obvious:
>>
>> Period: September 2009 - August 2011
>>    * Markus Neteler
>>    * Chris Schmidt
>>    * Geoff Zeiss
>>    * Jeff McKenna
>>    * Ravi Kumar
>
> I have been serving in the board continuously since 2006 and
> plan to step down to make space for fresh mind(s).
>
> Best,
> Markus

Markus,
it is still some time until the next elections but let me already thank
you for your continued support of the Foundation since it's inception
and all the good work you have been doing around GRASS long before that.
I will miss you on the board for your straight to the point active
participation and hope that you will keep an eye on our work as OSGeo
emeritus board member.

Board,
we should document the role of emeritus directors better because I
believe that the Foundation can only profit from the great source of
experience gathering in this group of people.

Thanks again & best regards,
Arnulf