[Board] Board training at FOSS4G?

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Jun 9 12:47:23 PDT 2011

Hi all,

In the past I've tried to organise a couple hour "training" course by an executive management trainer to help encourage you Directors.  It can be especially helpful for Directors who may be new to the Board - or new to the idea of being on a Board - and have questions.  I've learned a lot from interacting with other Executive Directors, and thought you might be interested in doing likewise by having a trainer come in for a couple hours during your face-to-face meeting in Denver in September.  From my reading, many boards have appreciated this kind of encouragement and they also find it helpful when they can help facilitate goal setting or planning exercises too.

If you're interested, I can follow up for you, GITA has someone they recommended to me and they are in the Denver area.

Tyler