[Board] Meeting at Denver?

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Jun 29 16:07:00 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Anyone been thinking about having a special board meeting while in Denver this year?  Usually I coordinate it but as I am unable to attend this year, it can't be in my hotel room :)  So I'm wondering if perhaps someone else has an apartment or similar room you can use for the meeting.  If so, then I'll leave it to you guys to organise the meeting space.

Otherwise I can coordinate a regular meeting room for you at the Sheraton, though it will probably cost us unless it overlaps the event days.  In this case I'll need you to give me a date to do the booking for.  They are asking if we have any needs like this, hence my asking you.

Timing of course will be the big question either way - day before FOSS4G starts or the day after the code sprint are two logical choices.  Unless of course you want to shoehorn it in somewhere else.  Some of you are doing workshops so you'll have less flexibility if you aim for one of those days.

I will also get more information for the director "training" session idea I mentioned earlier - it could be helping in facilitating goal/vision setting which we usually do at that meeting too.

Best wishes,
Tyler