[Board] Board meeting in two days 2011-11-10

Peter Batty peter at ebatty.com
Wed Nov 9 20:29:16 PST 2011

Hi all,

I've been off on vacation as I'd mentioned which is (partly) why I've been
quiet. Unfortunately I got quite sick part way through my trip, and still
am, so I might or might not make the call tomorrow. I will make it if I can
but was feeling very sick today so may not.

I'm catching up on email still. Wanted to send out something with some of
my thoughts on what OSGeo should be but haven't had the opportunity to do
that yet. One comment I wanted to make is that this proposed North American
chapter initiative is interesting (though I haven't had a chance to look at
any details yet), but doesn't negate the need for us to get a clearer view
on where OSGeo should be going. My inclination is that there are certain
important functions that should be carried out at an OSGeo level and not
done by chapters. But anyway, will expand on those thoughts at some point
when I get the chance.

Cheers,
    Peter.