[Board] A possible view of the world

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Fri Nov 11 14:12:15 PST 2011

> 1) Mark has convinced me that in the intelligence and military
> world in the US we are currently in a moment of opportunity
> where strategically applied resources would be very valuable.

This one has me conflicted:

As an board member, I'm hesitant to put OSGeo International resources directly into the US defense sector because I recognize some of our non-US members may be morally/politically opposed to such a move.  (Does anyone else share this concern, or is it just me?)

As a "private citizen", though, I happen to work in the US defense sector at the moment, and I see lots of opportunities to engage the DoD, and I'd be really keen on making that happen.  If I had the contacts and the abilities, I'd start talking to USGIF and mil-oss and others myself...

-mpg