[Board] RE: Today's motions

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Nov 14 10:47:24 PST 2011

On 11-11-14 01:24 PM, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> I still need responses from Mark and Jeff.  (Peter is excused, I assume, since he wasn't at the mtg.)

My understanding is that for an email vote you need votes from all board
members, even if they were absent at the meeting to which the motions
relate. This is the practice I have seen in the past, and fits with
clause 4.6 of our bylaws if you consider that any email vote is outside
of the context of a meeting:

http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/incorporation/bylaws.html

"""
Section 4.6. Action Without a Meeting. Any action required or permitted
to be taken at a meeting of the Board of Directors or of any committee
thereof may be taken without a meeting if all the members of the board
or committee, as the case may be, consent thereto in writing or by
electronic transmission, and such writing or electronic transmission is
filed with the minutes of the proceedings of the board or committee.
Such consent shall have the same effect as a unanimous vote.
"""

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/