[Board] Proposal/thoughts for a FOSS4G Advisor Role

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Mon Nov 21 15:09:14 PST 2011

Here's my issue w/ this.  If the conference was being deliberately
sited in such a way as to make money, spending money on conference
organization makes sense. But we're siting the conference randomly
with respect to the foundation's larger goals (or are we? is there
harmonization between what we want to achieve with this conference and
where we are putting it? is our goal to invest money earned in Europe
and NA in evangelism in other locales? I'm getting off topic here...)

Rather than commit to an ongoing fixed cost, how about something more
flexible, that shares both upside and downside, like proportion of
profit?

Or put another, more simple way: will Jeff's participation likely
increase the revenue of FOSS4G 2012 by over $30K? (that's 3 gold
sponsors or 60 extra attendees).

P.