[Board] Next board meeting on Nov. 10th

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Wed Oct 12 11:22:22 PDT 2011

On 12.10.2011 15:49, Jo Cook wrote:
> HI All,
>
> I notice immediately that the link to the legal explanation of the
> structure of the organisation on the Constitution page doesn't seem to
> exist any longer. Also- was this constitution ever adopted? The page
> says no...
>
> Thanks
>
> Jo

Jo,
thanks for having a look. This was a random hit into the deprected
collabnet infrastructure. But we migrated and preserved the old mails,
they are only off by one. This is the corresponding Mail:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2006-March/000420.html

I fixed the link on that page.

I did not have that page on my radar either and the history shows that
it has not been touched since March 2006 (that is a month after our
formal inception). Basically it just lists the way we do things in a
less legalese way than the formal bylaws. We might want to either extend
this page or delete it - what do you think?

There are more pages describing certain aspects of the foundation and
it's structure and many are out of date or deprecated. This is why I
suggested we go through them and clean them up as needed. Just
housekeeping.

Best regards,
Arnulf

> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Seven (aka Arnulf) <seven at arnulf.us
> <mailto:seven at arnulf.us>> wrote:
>
> Folks,
> I just checked last meeting minutes and it seems like we moved to the
> second week of a month and staid with Thursday at 19:00 UTC:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2011-11-10
>
> Please holler if I got this wrong and let this list know if you cannot
> make it.
>
> Please also add your items to the agenda (expecting a decision on FOSS4G
> / conferences but hope that someone else steps forward with it).
>
> If you can spare an odd hour please also have a look at our bylaws [1]
> and OSGeo Constitution [2] (which you all must learn by heart until our
> next meeting). They are at odds in some places and need to be cleaned
> out. Not sure whether we can do this in one go and it is not pressing
> but eventually someone will have to work through this.
>
> Best regards,
> Arnulf.
>
> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Bylaws
> [2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Constitution

> ***Jo Cook*
> Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey,
> KT18 7RL, UK
> t:+44 750 095 8167
> iShare - Data integration and publishing platform
> <http://www.isharemaps.com/>
> See the new Helpdesk and Customer portal
> <http://support.astuntechnology.com/home>
> Over 35% of the 4 star council websites use iShare - SOCITM Better
> Connected 2010

> See our customer commendations and awards
> <http://astuntechnology.com/customers/awards-and-commendations/>

> Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales.
> Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no.
> 864201149.

- --
Exploring Space, Time and Mind
http://arnulf.us