Islandwood Code sprint (was Re: [Board] New MOUs proposed...)

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Fri Sep 2 13:15:37 PDT 2011

I agree with Howard's sentiment here.  I'll admit a bias, but I would
like to see a much clearer and tighter cycle:

  projects are great ->
  people come to the conference(s) ->
  foundation generates reserves ->
  projects benefit

I think a sprint is a very concrete way that projects can benefit from
being part of the foundation.

I think the reason the motion didn't pass during the meeting was because
there were some outstanding questions about timing and cost of the
sprint (mpg has addressed these), general uncertainty about our
finances, and a lack of alignment about how those finances should be used.

I think we can address the remaining parts at the F2F meeting.

Tim

Tim Schaub
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org