[Board] Fwd: AGM at FOSS4G

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Sat Sep 10 17:38:52 PDT 2011

Board,
it does not look like we will be able to fill the AGM with lightning
talks as expected [1]. Some answered me off list that they would have
prepared something if they had known earlier. So I am thinking now that
we might need to do something else.

It would be great to get reports from committees but not sure whether we
will be able to get them activated in time. As you can see I already
added them to the agenda but did not get any feedback - but I am also
contacting the committee chairs directly now.

The other idea is that we, the directors give lightning talks about our
objectives for OSGeo. I would really love to have you in the mix. What
do you think? There is no need for any preparation up front, just stand
up and talk for three minutes what you think is important.

With some local chapter reports, directors and three or four committee
reports we would have a good cross section of what is going on in OSGeo.

Cheers,
Arnulf

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2011#Lightning_Talks