[Board] 2012 FOSS4G Decision

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Sep 14 06:58:43 PDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 6:42 AM, Seven (aka Arnulf) <seven at arnulf.us> wrote:
> Motion:
> Arnulf Christl motions to allocate 20k funding for the conference chair
> to co-organize FOSS4G 2012 in Beijing, to be paid within the next year
> to the account of Jeff McKenna.

Folks,

I am supportive of this approach and it would certainly greatly
ease my mind with regard to a Beijing FOSS4G being "FOSS4Gish".
I would like to see still announce the intent to have the conference
in Beijing on Friday unless there are board members who are
strongly opposed to the general approach.

I presume we won't actually be able to properly settle the matter
until we meet in person.