[Board] 2012 FOSS4G Decision

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Wed Sep 14 07:02:29 PDT 2011

I thought about the culture/lang/lack-of-experience issue too... I think
Beijing will be a *very* different conference than what we're used to, and
will likely be smaller... but I really like the idea of trying to "crack
open" the Chinese market.  I was really impressed by the heavy-hitters they
lined up to welcome their new chapter some years ago, so I think the
organizers can get the formal support they'll need... but yeah, this won't
make OSGeo the $ that Denver will.

I'm +0 on hiring out Jeff for this.  It's a great idea, actually, but I'd
need to think about how it would work in practice.

-mpg