[Board] docs for new directors

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Sep 19 14:32:36 PDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Seven (aka Arnulf) <seven at arnulf.us> wrote:
> Thanks Tim,
> the foundation should have provided this information much earlier and
> not leave it to you to dig it up. I tend to forget that the processes
> are not second nature to everybody in OSGeo...
>
> We had an amendment to our bylaws some time back (Frank, do you have a
> link on this?) allowing votes by email given all nine members participates.

Arnulf,

It is my understanding that this is something allowed under
state law (Delaware or where ever we are incorporated).  I
do not believe it is something we have the power to change
ourselves in our bylaws though I could be wrong.

I am basing this on things I vaguely recall Rich Steele
explaining when the foundation was established.