[Board] Next Board meeting Oct 6. (2011-10-06)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 22 09:33:10 PDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 9:29 AM, Jeff McKenna
<jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> wrote:
> Hi Arnulf,
>
> Glad you mentioned phone vs IRC.  Myself I wonder if this new Board is
> interested in using phone instead of IRC (although I live on IRC, I find IRC
> meetings are difficult to control, therefore last much longer). With phone I
> believe we can keep the meeting to one hour and still hit all of the agenda
> items, plus also feel a little more connected to the rest of the Board
> members.
>
> I just want to put this option out there for the new Board.

Folks,

For what it's worth, I'm not allowed to use Skype at work, and when
I'm on the phone I have to go stand outside the building without
computer access.  IRC works much better for me.  But of course,
I'll work within the needs of the majority.

I would add we have fairly often had devastatingly bad
sound quality on calls to the point of near incomprehensibility.

On a related point I'd rather have some longer "working"
board meetings instead of being strict about one hour.
I can spare a little more time for this compared to jetting
somewhere for a F2F.