[Board] Marketing budgets

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 5 10:43:59 PDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 9:10 AM, Jo Cook <jocook at astuntechnology.com> wrote:
> Thoughts?

Jo,

I think the board only needs to kickstart marketing if it can't
kickstart itself.  I would suggest you pursue this on the
Marketing committee mailing list unless you would like
the board to provide fairly detailed guidance to the marketing
committee on what is and is not within it's scope of operation.

I spoke up because I could see the mounting frustration at
the lack of responses, and tried to provide a way forward
that could be pursued.

> When I asked the question on this list on behalf of the
> UK chapter a month ago, I was met with almost
> complete silence, but suddenly it's OK?

In my opinion it was always ok, but no one picked up on
the question and perhaps at that time there was no
marketing budget established.