[Board] Marketing budgets

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 13:07:28 PDT 2012

A couple of days ago, I suggested (on the marketing email list), that
next steps for the marketing committee are to be told how much budget is
available from the board, so that the marketing committee can then work
out how to spend it.

At the moment, these is little incentive to be on the marketing
committee if there is no budget to work it. So if there is budget for
the marketing committee to allocate, can you please say how much.

On 06/04/12 03:58, Jo Cook wrote:

>     I think the board only needs to kickstart marketing if it can't
>     kickstart itself.  I would suggest you pursue this on the
>     Marketing committee mailing list unless you would like
>     the board to provide fairly detailed guidance to the marketing
>     committee on what is and is not within it's scope of operation.
>

> I did raise this on the marketing list originally but  it got bumped
> to board level effectively. I might be reading too much into the
> recent communications on that list but it looks to me like they are
> looking for guidance, and I thought we had made a decision to help
> revitalise that committee at the F2F in Seattle.
>

>     I spoke up because I could see the mounting frustration at
>     the lack of responses, and tried to provide a way forward
>     that could be pursued.
>
>     > When I asked the question on this list on behalf of the
>     > UK chapter a month ago, I was met with almost
>     > complete silence, but suddenly it's OK?
>
>     In my opinion it was always ok, but no one picked up on
>     the question and perhaps at that time there was no
>     marketing budget established.
>

> It was post Seattle, so the overall foundation budget had been
> established, but I don't recall us specifically telling marketing that
> there is now money for them to use in this way.
>
> Cheers
>
> Jo
>

> --
> *Jo Cook*
> Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey,
> KT18 7RL, UK
> t:+44 750 095 8167
> iShare - Data integration and publishing platform
> <http://www.isharemaps.com/>
> See the new Helpdesk and Customer portal
> <http://support.astuntechnology.com/home>
> Over 35% of the 4 star council websites use iShare - SOCITM Better
> Connected 2010
>
> See our customer commendations and awards
> <http://astuntechnology.com/customers/awards-and-commendations/>
>
> Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales.
> Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT
> no. 864201149.

Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050