[Board] The geotools license agenda item

Geomatys.com vincent.heurteaux at geomatys.com
Wed Aug 8 23:07:52 PDT 2012

Hello All,

> The background on the topic does not illuminate, communication with Apache Foundation and sis-dev to determine requirements before proceeding.

Jody there is a misunderstood from your part here. This is not a request done by SIS-dev to OSGEO, but by Martin Desruisseaux (the author of the code concerned) to relicense the code he wrote under Apache2. SIS-dev has nothing to do in that process.

This request is independant from you dual licence request and concern legal relationship between the author of the code and OSGEO.

Cheers,

Vincent

Vincent Heurteaux
GEOMATYS