[Board] The geotools license agenda item

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Wed Aug 8 23:22:18 PDT 2012

Le 09/08/12 06:41, Michael P. Gerlek a écrit :
> Not being involved at all in the geotools community, I've not followed the relicensing issue at all, and the recent discussions on the board list were both too long and presuppose some background on the issue I don't have.

Geotk originally asked to re-license their own work, plus other
contributors work which was estimated at 5% of the "core" of Geotk code.
We decided later on to separate our request in two parts: first focus on
the contributors rights, then let the GeoTools PMC takes all the time
they may need for the remaining. Finally we withdrawn our demand to
re-license the other contributors work, because we think that the code
under contributors rights cover the functionalities that we need.
Consequently this item does not apply anymore to Geotk. I don't know if
GeoTools wishes to continue on that path anyway, but that would be
unrelated to Geotk.

     Martin