[Board] Resignation

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Aug 10 12:57:46 PDT 2012

Hi Jo,

It's really sad to see you go, but I also understand that we all need to
make choices at some point on where we put our energies. Thank you for
all your involvement in the board in the last year and I hope that we'll
continue to see you around, not just for FOSS4G 2013, but also in other
OSGeo initiatives in the future.

Even after reading your answer to Michael, I have a feeling that I do
not fully understand what is meant by: "disagree with a lot of the ways
the foundation gets things done". I have a feeling that if you are
uncomfortable with some ways of doing things then you are probably not
alone, and I'd like to understand the issues to see if there is any way
we can improve for the benefit of all charter members in the future.
After having been on the board you may have a different perspective on
the issues that could help us get closer to a solution.

I realize that sometimes those issues may be hard to explain and relay,
especially by email, so I'm not asking you to elaborate now, but I
wanted to let you know that I'd be open to hearing more about those
issues if and when you are ready to talk about them.

Cheers, thanks again and see you next year in Nottingham!

Daniel