[Board] How to replace Jo?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Aug 10 13:11:14 PDT 2012

On 12-08-10 12:37 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 8:48 AM, Michael P. Gerlek <mpg at flaxen.com
> <mailto:mpg at flaxen.com>> wrote:
>

>     I think the wisest course would be to do nothing right now, and then
>     have the new board of 8 act to fill the void. I would want to make a
>     motion at that time that we appoint whoever the runner up was, but
>     as CRO I'm potentially biased since I would know who that person
>     would be. I would probably want to abstain from voting on that motion.
>

> Michael,
>
> I am in favor of leaving this decision to the new board.  I think it
> would be reasonable for them to appoint the first runner up in the
> election to the empty seat for one year.

I agree with leaving the decision to the new board.

However, I'm not sure about appointing the next runner up in this case,
as that might make this person uncomfortable since he/she would
implicitly be the director on the board who received the least votes,
and I believe that ranking people by number of votes is something we've
wanted to avoid in any board or charter member election in the past.

Not sure if that is a real issue or what the solution is, but I thought
I'd bring it up anyway.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/