[Board] Next board meeting - timeslot

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 15:32:21 PDT 2012

I've done a bit more work on locating which timezone everyone lives in,
you can check if I'm right here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors#OSGeo_Foundation_Board_of_Directors

Which leads to a meeting planner as per:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=21&month=8&year=2012&p1=224&p2=75&p3=179&p4=286&p5=215&p6=240&iv=0

So here is the good news:
The sun never sets on the OSGeo Kingdom. At any time of the day, there
will be an OSGeo Board member awake and ready so solve any OSGeo crisis
which might crop up.

The flip side of that is:
The stars also never set, meaning there will always be an OSGeo board
member dreaming up grand new OSGeo goodness.

I think there is only one timeslot where we can all potentially make it.
Anne, I think you said you could make a 10pm meeting? If so, l propose:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2012&month=8&day=20&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=75&p3=179&p4=286&p5=215&p6=240

San Francisco <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=224>
(U.S.A. - California) 	Monday, 20 August 2012 at 1:00:00 PM 	PDT
<http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/pdt.html> 	UTC-7
hours
Denver <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=75> (U.S.A. -
Colorado) 	Monday, 20 August 2012 at 2:00:00 PM 	MDT
<http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/mdt.html> 	UTC-6
hours
New York <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=179> (U.S.A.
- New York) 	Monday, 20 August 2012 at 4:00:00 PM 	EDT
<http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/edt.html> 	UTC-4
hours
Halifax <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=286> (Canada
- Nova Scotia) 	Monday, 20 August 2012 at 5:00:00 PM 	ADT
<http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/adt.html> 	UTC-3
hours
Rome <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=215> (Italy)
Monday, 20 August 2012 at 10:00:00 PM 	CEST
<http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/eu/cest.html>
UTC+2 hours
Sydney <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=240>
(Australia - New South Wales) 	Tuesday, 21 August 2012 at 6:00:00 AM
EST
<http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/au/est.html> 	UTC+10
hours

Can everyone please confirm whether they can meet this timeslot/day. If
not, please suggest an alternative.

On 16/08/2012 2:04 AM, Anne Ghisla wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 10:49:29 -0400
> Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com> wrote:
>
>> Actually, I believe that Cameron indicated that he was available
>> starting at 6:30am, so 21:00 UTC would be even better than 22:00 UTC
>> in this case (and 11pm would be easier than midnight for Anne)
> So let's keep 21.00 UTC instead.
>
> For this incoming meeting I'd prefer 21.00 UTC, and Monday is fine - but
> any other day in the week is fine as well. What are your
> opinions/availabilities?
>
> BTW, I updated http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors with the
> time slots.
>
> Best,
> Anne
>
>> On 12-08-15 10:37 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
>>> We could rotate around those 3 times suggested by Anne.  Here are
>>> the extremes:
>>>
>>> 14.00 UTC (midnight for Cameron)
>>> 22.00 UTC (midnight for Anne)
>>> 4.00 UTC (1AM for me)
>>>
>>> I may have to miss the 1AM meetings, but otherwise rotating this is
>>> fair.
>>>
>>> -jeff
>>>

>>> On 12-08-15 9:20 AM, Anne Ghisla wrote

Cameron Shorter