[Board] Motion: Authorizing FOSS4G NA 2013 Agreement

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Aug 20 23:09:52 PDT 2012

Motion: The board hereby authorizes Daniel Morissette to sign the draft
services agreement with SharedGeo (linked) and authorizes the operation
of the FOSS4G NA 2013 conference under the budget (linked).

Agreement:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/attachments/20120820/110f4c7b/attachment-0001.doc

Budget:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/attachments/20120820/110f4c7b/attachment-0001.pdf

+1 Frank

---

Folks,

I have reviewed the agreement with SharedGeo and the proposed budget
and everything seems reasonable.  We will need *every board member* to
clearly vote in support of this motion if we want to pass it by email.

I would note that the last board already passed a motion in support
of this arrangement pending working out details so I'd prefer that
this time sensitive item not be taken as the time to rehash whether
or not OSGeo wants to be involved in FOSS4G NA.  We can certainly have
that discussion as we try to form a longer term strategy.